Esker Lakes Provincial Park is a hidden gem located in the northeastern part of Ontario, Canada. The park measures over 6,000 hectares. It is popular for its splendid wilderness, crystal-clear lakes, and diverse ecosystems. Outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers frequent the park.
- Address: Highway 672 Kirkland Lake, Ontario
- Established in: 1957
- Classification: Natural environment
- Phone Number: 705-568-7677 – for summer 705-235-1384 – for winter
- Usage: Camping, day use, etc.
- Facilities: Trailer dump and fill stations, toilets, showers, roofed accommodation, stand-up paddleboard rental, paddleboat rental, kayak rental, canoe rental, playground, picnic shelters, park store, laundromat, fish cleaning buildings, dog beaches, docks, comfort stations, campsites, seasonal campsite rental, group campsites, electrical campsites, car camping, boat launches, backcountry campsites, backcountry access points
- Activities: Swimming, hunting, hiking, fishing, discovery program, canoeing, camping, biking
What To Do?
Canoeing and Kayaking
The majority of the park’s visitors come here to enjoy canoeing and kayaking. You can explore the park’s waterways and surrounding nature with over 50 kilometers of interconnected lakes and canals.
Many guests also look forward to fishing at the park’s lakes. They have various fish species, including walleye, northern pike, and smallmouth bass.
The park is also famous for its hiking routes where you will get up close to the forest and lakeshores. It has a 10-kilometer track, the Esker Lakes Loop Trail, with breathtaking views of the lakes and surrounding wilderness.
The park is home to many wildlife, including moose, black bears, beavers, and otters. It also has a rich bird population, with species including loons, herons, and bald eagles.
You can choose from almost 80 campsites in the park, including sites in the wilderness areas that can only be reached by canoe or trekking. The campgrounds are clean; you can cook food and enjoy your meals alone or with your companions.
Esker Lakes Provincial Park is a haven for many outdoor enthusiasts. It is best to spend overnight or several days in the park to explore everything it has to offer. It’s a perfect spot for solo travelers, but you will also enjoy outdoor activities with friends or the whole family.
+ There are no commentsAdd yours