In northern Ontario, Canada, there is a breathtaking wilderness area called Fushimi Lake Provincial Park. It has a total area of more than 5000 hectares.
The majority of the area comprises one of the biggest lakes in the region, the Fushimi Lake. It measures about 3000 hectares. With year-round opportunities for fishing, hiking, canoeing, and animal viewing, this park is a sanctuary for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Address: PO BOX 670, 613 Front St., Hearst, Ontario
- Established in: 1979
- Classification: Recreational
- Phone Number: 705-372-5909
- Usage: Camping, day use, etc.
- Facilities: Trailer dump and fill stations, toilets, showers, roofed accommodation, stand-up paddleboard rental, paddleboat rental, kayak rental, canoe rental, bike rental, park store, laundromat, fish cleaning buildings, docks, comfort stations, campsites, seasonal campsite rental, electrical campsites, car camping, boat launches, backcountry campsites
What To Do?
It is one of the most well-liked pastimes at Fushimi Lake Provincial Park. Anglers travel from all over the world to throw their lines in this lake because of its superb walleye and northern pike fishing. If you need a boat of your own, several rental alternatives are available at the park.
The Fushimi Lake Loop Trail is a 5-kilometer loop that gives breathtaking views of the lake. It also leads hikers through different terrains, including rocky trails and wetlands.
Canoeing and Kayaking
You’ll have many opportunities for canoeing and kayaking that you can do to explore the lake and neighboring rivers.
Much wildlife resides in the park, including moose, black bears, beavers, and otters. The park’s rich bird population, which includes loons, herons, and ospreys, will delight birdwatchers.
The park offers more than 100 campsites, including remote locations only reachable by canoe or trekking. The campgrounds are well-maintained. They provide a variety of amenities, such as drinking water, picnic tables, and fire pits.
Fushimi Lake Provincial Park is a stunning and distinctive location with something to offer everyone. You will enjoy your visit, especially if you’re into adventures and the outdoors. So why not plan to visit Fushimi Lake Provincial Park and see how beautiful Ontario’s natural surroundings are?
+ There are no commentsAdd yours