The Friends of Frontenac Park would like to welcome you to this site about beautiful Frontenac Provincial Park. The Park was created in 1974 and occupies 5,214 hectares within Frontenac County in south-eastern Ontario. The central concept of the Park is called "Threshold to Wilderness." As such, its main objective is to teach wilderness skills in a semi-wilderness settings. Check out the Skills Training Program schedule. But Frontenac Park is much more than that: it is a wonderful place to backpack, hike, canoe, camp and observe nature.
Coming EventsLast Modified: Wednesday April 16, 2014
The Frontenac Park Office (6700 Salmon Lake Road) (lat. 44.504167, long.-76.555833) is open most weekdays and weekends from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Frontenac Park is open year-round for interior camping and day use. Permits are required for all park use. Day use and interior camping permits are available on a first come, first served basis from the Park Office or the self-serve fee station located adjacent to the Park Office when the office is closed. (NOTE: cash only at the self-serve fee station).
For Youth Group and School Group reservations, please call the Park Office directly 613-376-3489
Please contact the Park Office with any questions at 613 376-3489
What an amazing turn out for the Trail Sweep on 12-April-2014. A grateful thank you to the 42 volunteers who participated and the 3 who tried but could not make it because of road flooding. What a great way to end National Volunteer Week. Everyone returned with their feet wet and one volunteer unintentionally went for a wee dip. Fortunately, the sun was shining - it was a glorious warm spring day. Trail work was done on Tetsmine, Arkon, Bufflehead, Corridor, Dedication (the new trail to open soon), Cedar, south shore of Big Salmon, Doe and Arab. The chilies and trimmings were scrumptious, thank you again to all involved.
- On 26-April-2014, join the Friends for a Historical Walk along Salmon Lake road. Meet at 10h30 at the Park Office.
- VOLUNTEERS: Plan to join us for the Spring Work Day on 27-April-2014.
- The 2014 Park Information Guide is online and available in print form at the Park Office. (posted 20-Feb-2014)
- Have a look at the Training Programs for 2014. Plan to join us to upgrade your wilderness skills - it's fun!. Register early by calling the Park Office 613-376-3489. (posted 21-January-2014)
- ROAD CLOSURE FOR THE SEASON: The road to Big Salmon Lake (and Arab Lake) will be closed to vehicles starting at 16h00 on Sunday 03-November-2013. It will re-open next Spring. (posted 31-October-2013)
- Take the camping challenge - "All Season Outdoor Adventure" at Frontenac Park (posted 27-Nov-2011).
- Read the latest Friends' newsletter online (posted 27-February-2014).
- Download the Park Map (pdf format, about 1 MB).
- Join the Friends now! Download the Friends Brochure and Membership form (pdf format).
The Friends of Frontenac Park provide this information in good faith but make no warranty for its accuracy. This website is another service funded by your membership fees and donations. We thank you and are looking forward to your continuing support.
NOTE: The Friends of Frontenac Provincial Park cannot process campsites availability inquiries or reservations. Please visit Ontario Parks' Reservation service or call 1-888-0NT-PARK (1-888-668-7275).
Comments to The Friends of Frontenac Park
This page uses cascading style sheets. The css for this page came from a tutorial available at www.mako4css.com.
Report errors to: Jérôme McDuff
Last Modified: 16-April-2014