The Friends of Frontenac Park would like to welcome you to this site about beautiful Frontenac Provincial Park. The Park was created in 1974 and occupies 5,214 hectares within Frontenac County in south-eastern Ontario. The central concept of the Park is called "Threshold to Wilderness." As such, its main objective is to teach wilderness skills in a semi-wilderness settings. Check out the Skills Training Program schedule. But Frontenac Park is much more than that: it is a wonderful place to backpack, hike, canoe, camp and observe nature.
The Frontenac Park Office (6700 Salmon Lake Road) (lat. 44.504167, long.-76.555833) is open most weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Frontenac Park is open year-round for interior camping and day use. Permits are required for all park use. Day use and interior camping permits are available on a first come, first served basis from the Park Office or from the self-serve fee station located adjacent to the Park Office when the office is closed. (NOTE: cash only at the self-serve fee station).
For Youth Group and School Group reservations, please call the Park Office directly 613-376-3489
Please contact the Park Office with any questions at 613 376-3489
Congratulations to all who completed the Frontenac Challenges 2014. At the time of the Challenge Celebration, the count was Frontenac Challenge: 193, Frontenac Trek: 24, Junior Challenge: 8. Over 330 persons participated and we thank you all for hiking in Frontenac Park this fall. Congratulations also to the 20 hardy campers who completed the All Season Camping Challenge.
- The Salmon Lake Road is now closed until spring. The park is open all year and parking is available near the Office. From now till spring most of your trips in the interior will start at the Park Office so remember to include the additional distance when planning an outing. As in previous years the Salmon Lake Road will be part of the winter x-country ski trail system. (posted 06-Nov-2014)
- Quick preview of the Skills Program Training Schedule for 2015 - details to follow. (posted 12-November-2014)
- 17-January: Winter Camping Trip Planning
- 18-January: Snowshoe Race
- 25-April: Frontenac Historical Walk
- 09-May: Introduction to Backcountry Camping
- 10-May: Spring Bird Walk
- 17-May: Spring Nature Walk
- 30-May: Wilderness Navigation Using Map & Compass Level 1
- 05-07-June: Canadian Red Cross Wilderness First Aid
- 06-June: Canoe Clinic
- 13-June: Wilderness Navigation Using Map & Compass Level 2
- 02-04-October: Canadian Red Cross Advanced Wilderness First Aid
- Great news! Mink Lake Lookout was selected as one of the top 10 amazing places in the Frontenac Arch Biosphere. See the FAB write-up. (posted 05-August-2014)
- The Dedication Trail is officially open. It bisects the Cedar Lake loop. The new trail allows you to hike two different loops (about 10 km each) from the Arab Lake parking lot: one going north via Big Salmon Lake, the other south via Doe Lake. It starts less than 1 km north of the Arab Lake parking lot on the Corridor Trail. Check it out but be careful to follow the numerous trail markers as the path is not worn down yet. (posted 16-April-2014)
- Take the camping challenge - "All Season Outdoor Adventure" at Frontenac Park (posted 27-Nov-2011).
- Read the latest Friends' newsletter online (posted 30-August-2014).
- Download the Park Map (pdf format, about 1 MB).
- Join the Friends/Donate to the Friends now! Download the Friends Brochure and Membership form (pdf format).
The Friends of Frontenac Park provide this information in good faith but make no warranty for its accuracy. This website is another service funded by your membership fees and donations. We thank you and are looking forward to your continuing support.
NOTE: The Friends of Frontenac Provincial Park cannot process campsites availability inquiries or reservations. Please visit Ontario Parks' Reservation service or call 1-888-0NT-PARK (1-888-668-7275).
Comments to The Friends of Frontenac Park
This page uses cascading style sheets. The css for this page came from a tutorial available at www.mako4css.com.
Report errors to: Jérôme McDuff
Last Modified: 20-November-2014