The Friends of Frontenac Park would like to welcome you to this site about beautiful Frontenac Provincial Park. The Park was created in 1974 and occupies 5,214 hectares within Frontenac County in south-eastern Ontario. The central concept of the Park is called "Threshold to Wilderness." As such, its main objective is to teach wilderness skills in a semi-wilderness settings. Check out the Skills Training Program schedule. But Frontenac Park is much more than that: it is a wonderful place to backpack, hike, canoe, camp and observe nature.
The Frontenac Park Office (6700 Salmon Lake Road) (lat. 44.504167, long.-76.555833) is open Sunday to Thursday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Frontenac Park is open year-round for interior camping and day use. Permits are required for all park use. Day use permits are available on a first come, first served basis from the Park Office or from the self-serve fee station located adjacent to the Park Office when the office is closed. (NOTE: cash only at the self-serve fee station). Interior camping permits can ONLY be obtained from the office during operating hours.
For Youth Group and School Group reservations, please call the Park Office directly 613-376-3489.
Please contact the Park Office with any questions at 613 376-3489.
Please note that the date of the Canoe Clinic has changed from Saturday 06-June to Saturday 27-June-2015. To register please call the Park Office (613) 376-3489. (posted 12-May-2015)
- 30-May-2015: Learn Wilderness Navigation Using Map and Compass.
- Register now for this ORCKA Canoe Instructors Recertification Clinic on 31-May-2015.
- June courses and activities:
- Sign up for this 20 hour Red Cross Wilderness First Aid course that takes place in the park interior from 05 to 07-June-2015.
- For the foodies out there! 07-June-2015: Single Burner Gourmet Cooking.
- 07-June-2015: The Amazing Tarp - Tarping Made Easy.
- 13-June-2015: Wilderness Navigation Using Map and Compass, Level 2.
- 19-21-June-2015: Erhard Frenzl Memorial paddle.
- 26-June-2015: National Canoe Day – Celebrate by paddling in the Park!
- 27-June-2015: Canoe Clinic.
- Check out the list of other courses and activities.
- Read the latest Friends' newsletter online (posted 13-April-2015).
- The 5th edition of the Park Map has arrived! Get your copy now at the Park Office. (posted 09-January-2015)
- Take the camping challenge - "All Season Outdoor Adventure" at Frontenac Park (posted 27-Nov-2011).
- Download the Park Map (pdf format, about 1 MB).
- Join the Friends/Donate to the Friends now! Download the Friends Brochure and Membership form (pdf format).
The Friends of Frontenac Park provide this information in good faith but make no warranty for its accuracy. This website is another service funded by your membership fees and donations. We thank you and are looking forward to your continuing support.
NOTE: The Friends of Frontenac Provincial Park cannot process campsites availability inquiries or reservations. Please visit Ontario Parks' Reservation service or call 1-888-0NT-PARK (1-888-668-7275).
Comments to The Friends of Frontenac Park
This page uses cascading style sheets. The css for this page came from a tutorial available at www.mako4css.com.
Report errors to: Jérôme McDuff
Last Modified: 25-May-2015