The Friends of Frontenac Park would like to welcome you to this site about beautiful Frontenac Provincial Park. The Park was created in 1974 and occupies 5,214 hectares within Frontenac County in south-eastern Ontario. The central concept of the Park is called "Threshold to Wilderness." As such, its main objective is to teach wilderness skills in a semi-wilderness settings. Check out the Skills Training Program schedule. But Frontenac Park is much more than that: it is a wonderful place to backpack, hike, canoe, camp and observe nature.
The Frontenac Park Office (6700 Salmon Lake Road) (lat. 44.504167, long.-76.555833) is open most weekdays and weekends from 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Frontenac Park is open year-round for interior camping and day use. Permits are required for all park use. Day use and interior camping permits are available on a first come, first served basis from the Park Office or from the self-serve fee station located adjacent to the Park Office when the office is closed. (NOTE: cash only at the self-serve fee station).
For Youth Group and School Group reservations, please call the Park Office directly 613-376-3489.
Please contact the Park Office with any questions at 613 376-3489.
We are seeking a volunteer to fill the secretary position on the Friends of Frontenac Board of Directors. If you are interested in helping us, please contact Herb Helmstaedt at email@example.com. Thank You. (posted 23-Apr-2015)
- The Salmon Lake Road is now open for the season. Yippee! (posted 23-Apr-2015)
- Join Jérôme McDuff for a Historical Walk on Saturday 25-April-2015. (posted 15-Apr-2015)
- Attention Volunteers, we need your help for the Spring Work Day on Sunday 26-April-2015 starting at 09:00. (posted 15-Apr-2015)
- Register now! 09-May-2015 Introduction to Backcountry Camping.
- 10-May-2015: Join Kathy and Mike for a Spring Bird Walk starting at 08h00.
- 17-May-2015: Come for a Spring Nature Walk with Maureen. Starts at 10h30.
- Register now for these ORCKA Basic Canoe Certification Courses on 23-24-May-2015.
- 24 to 29 May: Barry Irish is leading an ORCKA Canoe Tripping – Level 1 & 2 (and Level 3)course
- 30-May-2015: Learn Wilderness Navigation Using Map and Compass.
- Read the latest Friends' newsletter online (posted 13-April-2015).
- The 5th edition of the Park Map has arrived! Get your copy now at the Park Office. (posted 09-January-2015)
- The 2015 schedule for the Park's Wilderness Skills Training Program is out. (posted 18-December-2014)
- Check out the list of Friends' Activities for 2015 and mark the dates on your calendar. (posted 07-December-2014)
- Great news! Mink Lake Lookout was selected as one of the top 10 amazing places in the Frontenac Arch Biosphere. See the FAB write-up. (posted 05-August-2014)
- Take the camping challenge - "All Season Outdoor Adventure" at Frontenac Park (posted 27-Nov-2011).
- Download the Park Map (pdf format, about 1 MB).
- Join the Friends/Donate to the Friends now! Download the Friends Brochure and Membership form (pdf format).
The Friends of Frontenac Park provide this information in good faith but make no warranty for its accuracy. This website is another service funded by your membership fees and donations. We thank you and are looking forward to your continuing support.
NOTE: The Friends of Frontenac Provincial Park cannot process campsites availability inquiries or reservations. Please visit Ontario Parks' Reservation service or call 1-888-0NT-PARK (1-888-668-7275).
Comments to The Friends of Frontenac Park
This page uses cascading style sheets. The css for this page came from a tutorial available at www.mako4css.com.
Report errors to: Jérôme McDuff
Last Modified: 23-April-2015