Celebrating 25 year!
The Friends of Frontenac Park would like to welcome you to this site about beautiful Frontenac Provincial Park. The Park was created in 1974 and occupies 5,214 hectares within Frontenac County in south-eastern Ontario. The central concept of the Park is called "Threshold to Wilderness." As such, its main objective is to teach wilderness skills in a semi-wilderness settings. Check out the Skills Training Program schedule. But Frontenac Park is much more than that: it is a wonderful place to backpack, hike, canoe, camp and observe nature.
The Park Office is open 7 days per week from 08h30 - 16h00 through May 2017.
Frontenac Park is open year-round for interior camping and day use. Permits are required for all park use. Day use and interior camping permits can be obtained through our self-serve system outside of office hours, cash only please.
Reservations can be made 5 months in advance of your arrival date for dates 01-May-2017 to 28-October-2017. All camping in April is on a first-come first-serve basis.
For Youth Group and School Group reservations, please call the Park Office directly 613-376-3489.
Please contact the Park Office with any questions at 613 376-3489.
I wanted to thank everyone for the tremendous effort that went into our 25th Anniversary Celebration on Saturday 17-June-2017. I think that we can all be very satisfied with a most successful day.
There were so many jobs that went into making it a great day – preparation, exhibitors, artists and especially to the superb job with the provision of food for the event – this is a tremendous undertaking and was a big part of the day.
Very many thanks again,
Interim President, Friends of Frontenac Park.
- Coming in June 2017
- June 23-25: Erhard Frenzl Memorial Paddle/Canoe Day
- June 26 National Canoe Day
- Coming in July 2017
- Check out the list of exciting courses (Training Program) offered at the Park in 2017. Register today! More will be added later. (posted 24-October-2016).
- Did you see the new Ontario Parks Backcountry webpage? Check it out. (posted 05-April-2017)
- Read the new Frontenac Park Management Plan approved on October 2016.
- Read the latest Friends' newsletter online (posted 04-June-2017).
- The 5th edition of the Park Map has arrived! Get your copy now at the Park Office. (posted 09-January-2015)
- Take the camping challenge - "All Season Outdoor Adventure" at Frontenac Park (posted 27-November-2011).
- Download the Park Map (pdf format, about 1 MB).
- Join the Friends/Donate to the Friends now! Download the Friends Brochure and Membership form (pdf format).
The Friends of Frontenac Park provide this information in good faith but make no warranty for its accuracy. This website is another service funded by your membership fees and donations. We thank you and are looking forward to your continuing support.
NOTE: The Friends of Frontenac Provincial Park cannot process campsites availability inquiries or reservations. Please visit Ontario Parks' Reservation service or call 1-888-0NT-PARK (1-888-668-7275).
Comments to The Friends of Frontenac Park
This page uses cascading style sheets. The css for this page came from a tutorial available at www.mako4css.com.
Report errors to: Jérôme McDuff
Last Modified: 20-June-2017