The Friends of Frontenac Park would like to welcome you to this site about beautiful Frontenac Provincial Park. The Park was created in 1974 and occupies 5,214 hectares within Frontenac County in south-eastern Ontario. The central concept of the Park is called "Threshold to Wilderness." As such, its main objective is to teach wilderness skills in a semi-wilderness settings. Check out the Skills Training Program schedule. But Frontenac Park is much more than that: it is a wonderful place to backpack, hike, canoe, camp and observe nature.
Coming EventsLast Modified: Friday March 07, 2014
The Frontenac Park Office (6700 Salmon Lake Road) (lat. 44.504167, long.-76.555833) is open most weekdays and weekends in the winter from 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Frontenac Park is open year-round for interior camping and day use. Permits are required for all park use. Day use and interior camping permits are available on a first come, first served basis from the Park Office or the self-serve fee station located adjacent to the Park Office when the office is closed. (NOTE: cash only at the self-serve fee station).
For Youth Group and School Group reservations, please call the Park Office directly 613-376-3489
Please contact the Park Office with any questions at 613 376-3489
- Mark the 22-March-2014 on your calendar! Would you like to volunteer at the Park? Come to a training session on 22-March offered by Park staff and the Friends at the Park Office. Bring a lunch. Time: 09h00 to 15h00. Contact the Park (613 376-3489) for details. (posted 07-March-2014)
- The 2014 Park Information Guide is online and available in print form at the Park Office. (posted 20-Feb-2014)
- Did you know that, on winter weekends, the Friends of Frontenac provides free hot chocolate by the fire at the Park Office?
- Have a look at the Training Programs for 2014. Plan to join us to upgrade your wilderness skills - it's fun!. Register early by calling the Park Office 613-376-3489. (posted 21-January-2014)
- ROAD CLOSURE FOR THE SEASON: The road to Big Salmon Lake (and Arab Lake) will be closed to vehicles starting at 16h00 on Sunday 03-November-2013. It will re-open next Spring. (posted 31-October-2013)
- Take the camping challenge - "All Season Outdoor Adventure" at Frontenac Park (posted 27-Nov-2011).
- Read the latest Friends' newsletter online (posted 27-February-2014).
- Download the Park Map (pdf format, about 1 MB).
- Join the Friends now! Download the Friends Brochure and Membership form (pdf format).
The Friends of Frontenac Park provide this information in good faith but make no warranty for its accuracy. This website is another service funded by your membership fees and donations. We thank you and are looking forward to your continuing support.
NOTE: The Friends of Frontenac Provincial Park cannot process campsites availability inquiries or reservations. Please visit Ontario Parks' Reservation service or call 1-888-0NT-PARK (1-888-668-7275).
Comments to The Friends of Frontenac Park
This page uses cascading style sheets. The css for this page came from a tutorial available at www.mako4css.com.
Report errors to: Jérôme McDuff
Last Modified: 07-March-2014