Come back on August 15, 2020 For our FULL 28th Annual Challenge Info
4. There are three levels of Challenge.
Frontenac Challenge: hike all 11 loops.
Frontenac Trek: hike any six loops (excluding the short Arab Lake Gorge and Doe Lake Loops).
Junior Challenge: youngsters under age 12 may hike any six loops.
We recommend that participants hike with a detailed trail map.
The official Frontenac Park trail map ($12 tax incl.) is available
at the park office/visitor centre.
Or order a map from our online store and
have it mailed to your home ($14.50 includes shipping).
5. Trail confirmation: One highly visible red and yellow sign is located somewhere on each trail loop. Note the contents of each loop’s sign in your Challenge log.
6. Alternate Trail: The Moulton Gorge Loop may be substituted for the Little Salmon Lake Loop. Ask at the office/visitor centre for details.
7. Slide Lake Loop: You don’t have to hike around both sides of Slide Lake. Choose one side — the western trail section is shorter but more rugged.
8. Start Close: Loops can be started from the closest parking lot.
9. Pace Yourself: Any loop can be spread over two or more days.
10. No Shortcuts: Parts of a trail loop that are shared with a neighbouring loop must be hiked twice.
11. Successful challengers will receive a certificate and have their names added to the 2020 wall plaque inside the park’s visitor centre.