It is legal to fish in Frontenac Park and bordering lakes. Naturally you need a valid Ontario fishing Licence. The MNR fishing website contains more information on fishing in Ontario.
- Power ice augers, chainsaws, generators, ATV’s and snowmobiles are not permitted in Frontenac Park.
- Trailside and shore fires are not permitted.
- Licences: Ontario Resident, Canadian Resident or Non Resident angling licence is required and kept on your person at all times while fishing. You must show this licence when asked by a warden.
- The gathering and collection of frogs, turtles and baitfish is illegal in Provincial Parks.
- Little Salmon Lake and Little Clear Lake are managed as natural Lake Trout Lakes as of January 1999. Lake Trout seasons apply in these lakes. Aggregate trout limits apply in Zone 18.
- For information on Provincial fishing regulations, go to www.ontario.ca/fishing.
|Lake Name||Bass||Lake Trout||Pike||Black Crappie||Brook Trout|
|Big Salmon Lake||✔||✔|
|Little Salmon Lake||✔||✔|
|Little Clear Lake||✔||✔|
|North Buck Lake||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Big Clear Lake||✔||✔|
*Refer to the 2013 Ontario Sport Fishing Regulations Summary for more details; specifically Pages 1-13, and Pages 87, 88, 89 for Zone 18, this Fisheries Management Zone.
*Licences: Ontario Resident, Canadian Resident or Non Resident angling licence is required. The licence must be kept on your person at all times while fishing. You must show this licence when asked by a warden.
*The gathering and collection of any animal, including frogs, turtles and baitfish is illegal in Provincial Parks.
*the only species of frog permitted to be used as bait is the Leopard Frog. All others are protected.
*Little Salmon Lake and Little Clear Lake are managed as natural Lake Trout Lakes as of January 1999. Lake Trout seasons apply in these lakes. Aggregate trout limits apply in Zone 18.
To obtain an Ontario Fishing Licence: Outdoors Card Centre: 1-800-288-1155 (must wait 21 days for delivery.).
Outdoors card renewal: 1-800-288-1155 (must wait 21 days for delivery). Online: www.ontario.ca/outdoorscard . Note: A temporary licence can be printed when buying a card and licence on line.
Many ServiceOntario offices and outdoor stores sell fishing licenses. Go to serviceontario.ca for one nearest you.
Note: A Valid licence includes two items: a valid Outdoors Card plus the Sport Fishing Licence or the Conservation Fishing Licence. You must have both parts with you to legally fish in Ontario. The last two numbers on your Outdoors Card will state the December expiry year of the card.
Regular Sport Licence
|Northern Pike||January 01 - March 31
May 11 (2nd Sat) - December 31
|June 15 (3rd Sat in June) - December 15||6||2|
|Open all year||5||2|
|Lake Trout||May 25 (4th Sat in May) - September 08||2||1|
|Crappie||Open all year||30||10|
|Yellow Perch||Open all year||50||25|
|Sunfish (Bluegill, Pumpkiseed)||Open all year||
only 30 may be greater than 18cm (7.1 in)